[Logo] Jaikoz and SongKong Forums
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Remove non english characters  XML
Forum Index -> SongKong Questions
Author Message
greengeek

Pro
[Avatar]

Joined: 18/09/2007 02:50:48
Messages: 435
Offline

Does sk have a way to remove non english characters in the file names? I noticed it seems to let a lot more through than jaikoz does even with the option to replace non ascii characters checked. It seems to be letting through some of the backwards quotes and double quotes and some of the non english characters like æ and ø.

I guess it would be something similar to the default From/To list that jaikoz uses fro Replace From Character with To Character.

KevinBluemel.com
Contemporary Instrumental Musician and Composer. Stop by to listen, watch videos, and get free downloads of songs and sheet music.
[WWW]
paultaylor

Pro
[Avatar]

Joined: 21/08/2006 09:21:27
Messages: 7361
Offline

The SongKong replace non ascii characters was modified because when matching a group of Russian songs with Cyrillic characters it was leaving no characters left for the filename. So currently it just removes accents ecetera:

Code:
 acute
 circumflex
 tilde
 umlaut
 ring
 cedilla
 double acute
 


I raised http://jthink.net:8081/browse/SONGKONG-620 so is the issue non english charracters or more non windows charset characters ?

I have to think more about it, I also have this issue http://jthink.net:8081/browse/SONGKONG-553 to add into the mix.

thanks Paul (Administrator)
greengeek

Pro
[Avatar]

Joined: 18/09/2007 02:50:48
Messages: 435
Offline

That makes sense.

I guess it would be both a bit of both as the cp1252 and the ISO-8859-1 don't contain many non english characters.

I noticed the same thing with some of my song file names only being left with just the track number as well on the russian and japanese songs. I can see where it may be problematic. Probably overkill to have all the rename filters in that you have in jaikoz as sk is far more streamlined.

I can continue to load the songs into jaikoz after to update them or into bulk file rename utility. It works really well at removing upper ascii characters as well as doing character replacement or renaming to similar english chars.

Reading over those 2 tickets, I would have to agree with how you currently have it working. Would make the most sense to use the translation if the user has that option selected and if musicbrainz provides a translation, and if they do not, just use the what ever language titles they have available.

KevinBluemel.com
Contemporary Instrumental Musician and Composer. Stop by to listen, watch videos, and get free downloads of songs and sheet music.
[WWW]
 
Forum Index -> SongKong Questions
Go to:   
Powered by JForum 2.1.6 © JForum Team