[Logo] Jaikoz and SongKong Forums
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Weird correct tags from filename behavior  XML
Forum Index -> Jaikoz Issues
Author Message
ozone

Enthusiast

Joined: 20/03/2007 20:17:37
Messages: 14
Offline

I can't pinpoint the bug, so let me list exactly what is happening:

Jaikoz 1.94

FILENAME: Christian Marchi Pres. Love Project ft. Glenys - Love.mp3
ARTIST TAG: Christian Marchi Pres. Love Pr
TITLE TAG: Love

Correct Tags From Filename Settings:
Split the filename using these values (tags from filename word separator)
[x] Match values..
[x] Ignore word..
[x] Ignore case..
[x] Enable ignoring common... (default word remover)
Split words using these values (default word separator)

Contents of Default Word Separator:
(default settings)

Contents of Tags from Filename Word Separator:
(default settings)

---- RESULT & ANALYSIS -----

(I first want to point out an obvious bug; If I select Default Word Separator for the "Split the Filename Using..." in the correct tags from filename setting, it doesn't save this selection when I click "ok". When I re-open the correct tags from filename settings window, it just defaults back to "tags from filename word separator"...)

With the above settings, I would figure that Jaikoz would split the filename at the first "-" because that is the separator in "Tags from Filename Word Separator". If that were the case, then Jaikoz should replace the Title field with "Christian Marchi Pres. Love Project ft. Glenys" but it does not. Upon running the correct tags from filename, there are absolutely no changes to the artist or title.

So I'm stumped at why Jaikoz can't do what I'm trying to get it to do. Is it a bug or am I doing something wrong?
ozone

Enthusiast

Joined: 20/03/2007 20:17:37
Messages: 14
Offline

Ah, from the Manual it states:

The correction will take the following steps:

Generate a list of audio files where it may be useful to extract information from the filename. Tags which already contain an Artist,Title and Album value are not included.
 


So because something already existed in the artist tag, it skipped it. This type of issue I guess arises when you have a ID3v1 and the artist or album name is truncated, and a ID3v2 does not exist. So is there some way that you could implement some AI to determine this and match this stuff up instead of Jaikoz skipping over it? I don't know if it is possible but that would be great.

Oh, and this situation is also where you are dealing with tracks that don't have music brain data which are a lot of vinyl tracks and trance mixes that don't have associated albums.
paultaylor

Pro
[Avatar]

Joined: 21/08/2006 09:21:27
Messages: 7343
Online

ozone wrote:
(I first want to point out an obvious bug; If I select Default Word Separator for the "Split the Filename Using..." in the correct tags from filename setting, it doesn't save this selection when I click "ok". When I re-open the correct tags from filename settings window, it just defaults back to "tags from filename word separator"...)
 

Noted, and added to list.

ozone wrote:
So is there some way that you could implement some AI to determine this and match this stuff up instead of Jaikoz skipping over it? I don't know if it is possible but that would be great.
 


The general logic is that tags (even ID3v1) are more likely to be correct than filenames, so I dont think it would normally make sense to overwrite tag data with filename data. You could force this to happen yourself by just deleting the tagdata and then running tag from filename.

thanks Paul (Administrator)
paultaylor

Pro
[Avatar]

Joined: 21/08/2006 09:21:27
Messages: 7343
Online

paultaylor wrote:

ozone wrote:
(I first want to point out an obvious bug; If I select Default Word Separator for the "Split the Filename Using..." in the correct tags from filename setting, it doesn't save this selection when I click "ok". When I re-open the correct tags from filename settings window, it just defaults back to "tags from filename word separator"...)
 

Fixed in Jaikoz 1.10

thanks Paul (Administrator)
 
Forum Index -> Jaikoz Issues
Go to:   
Powered by JForum 2.1.6 © JForum Team