[Logo] Jaikoz and SongKong Forums
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Hyphen being changed to other character when matching to Musicbrainz  XML
Forum Index -> Jaikoz Issues
Author Message
djotley

Pro

Joined: 29/11/2007 13:35:34
Messages: 32
Location: Yorkshire, England, UK
Offline

When I update tracks containing a hyphen they are being replaced with other characters for example

Eagle-Eye Cherry is now Eagle\Eye Cherry

Best of Dark Horse 1976-1989 by George Harrison is now Best of Dark Horse 1976e1989

This only happens on Artist and Album plus the sort artist and album, Title is okay

I have checked all my settings and cannot find why it is happening

update from discogs is okay
paultaylor

Pro
[Avatar]

Joined: 21/08/2006 09:21:27
Messages: 7208
Offline

Hi, its a bug on my jthinksearch database. I thought I had resolved this iisue but it appears not, will let you know when I have made some progress with this.

thanks Paul (Administrator)
djotley

Pro

Joined: 29/11/2007 13:35:34
Messages: 32
Location: Yorkshire, England, UK
Offline

Thanks Paul
paultaylor

Pro
[Avatar]

Joined: 21/08/2006 09:21:27
Messages: 7208
Offline

HI, Ive found the problem and fix it on my database but new database may not be deployed until next week because of Easter and other work Im doing.

It can affect releases/recordings that contain non-standard hyphens such as your example

thanks Paul (Administrator)
paultaylor

Pro
[Avatar]

Joined: 21/08/2006 09:21:27
Messages: 7208
Offline

Hi, the issue is now resolved and deployed.

thanks Paul (Administrator)
 
Forum Index -> Jaikoz Issues
Go to:   
Powered by JForum 2.1.6 © JForum Team