[Logo] Jaikoz and SongKong Forums
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Two ideas for speeding up the process  XML
Forum Index -> Jaikoz Wishlist
Author Message
Al_Truist



Joined: 06/07/2007 01:30:25
Messages: 3
Offline

I bought Jaikoz and I´m very happy with it, thanks!

1. what about having a big part of the musicbrainz data stored locally, so that access is much faster? maybe just the most popular 3000 artists or so?

2. It would be nice to have a one-button slolution for:
-loading all files in the music folder into jaikoz
-autocorrecting mp3s the offline way or the musicbrainz way, depending what is possible for each file.
-saving tags
-saving filenames accordingly to the tags

what do you think about those suggestions?
paultaylor

Pro
[Avatar]

Joined: 21/08/2006 09:21:27
Messages: 7300
Online

Al_Truist wrote:
I bought Jaikoz and I´m very happy with it, thanks!
 

Thankyou, thats nice to hear.

Al_Truist wrote:
I
1. what about having a big part of the musicbrainz data stored locally, so that access is much faster? maybe just the most popular 3000 artists or so?
 

Well it would be impossible to have a big part of the data stored locally because its just too large. I could store a small amount but how do you select the largest artists, and of course the data will be out of date and will not reflect modifications since the data was dumped. There would be extra admin duties for me to keep it uptodate and it extra bandwidths costs I would have to take on. It would provide speed increases for some customers but I don't believe it is a very flexible or scaleable solution. IF I had a lot more customers I could consider mirroring the MusicBrainz Server and providing higher throughput rates for jaikoz connections, but I have nowhere near enough customers at the moment to make this feasible. So for the moment with Jaikoz I aim to make it as automated as possible so for example customers can do their processing overnight with minimal impact.

Al_Truist wrote:

2. It would be nice to have a one-button slolution for:
-loading all files in the music folder into jaikoz
-autocorrecting mp3s the offline way or the musicbrainz way, depending what is possible for each file.
-saving tags
-saving filenames accordingly to the tags

what do you think about those suggestions? 


The first 2nd and 4th options are already available in the AutoCorrecter. If we add Opening a Folder and Saving Files to the autocorrecter we could do what you suggest, yes I think that is a good idea.

thanks Paul (Administrator)
Al_Truist



Joined: 06/07/2007 01:30:25
Messages: 3
Offline

thanks for your answers.

I bought m.m.t. before and it actually has an offline musicbrainz database to improve speed and it is much faster... but doesn´t support acoustic fingerprinting. So it is possible but only without acoustic fingerprints, because they take so much disk space?


another suggestion for speeding up the manual musicbrainz tagging:

it would be nice if while I am selecting the right tags from the first ten results, the next ten were loaded in background, so I don´t have to wait each time.
paultaylor

Pro
[Avatar]

Joined: 21/08/2006 09:21:27
Messages: 7300
Online

Al_Truist wrote:

I bought m.m.t. before and it actually has an offline musicbrainz database to improve speed and it is much faster... but doesn´t support acoustic fingerprinting. So it is possible but only without acoustic fingerprints, because they take so much disk space?
 

Ive tried mmt this but it didnt work very well for me at all, and you have to make decisions over where to check (offline/online)

Al_Truist wrote:

it would be nice if while I am selecting the right tags from the first ten results, the next ten were loaded in background, so I don´t have to wait each time.  

yes, thats a good point. (You can increase how many records are processed in a batch (1-200) if that helps.

thanks Paul (Administrator)
paultaylor

Pro
[Avatar]

Joined: 21/08/2006 09:21:27
Messages: 7300
Online

Save Changes has been added to the Autocorrecter in Jaikoz 1.12 which goes some way in giving you what you want.

thanks Paul (Administrator)
RichardPK



Joined: 08/04/2015 00:08:00
Messages: 1
Offline

I cannot seem to help drag & drop from iTunes (7.6.1) in to Jaikoz (2.3.0), although when i had no problem dropping because of the finder. a great green and as well Record appears my spouse and i drag song titles throughout the Jaikoz window, but nothing gets opened. The item does work when i drag via iTunes to the desktop next because of the desktop directly into Jaikoz. just about any suggestions? using Mac OSX 10.4.11 at an old PowerBook.
 
Forum Index -> Jaikoz Wishlist
Go to:   
Powered by JForum 2.1.6 © JForum Team