[Logo] Jaikoz and SongKong Forums
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
invalid discsubtitle value  XML
Forum Index -> Jaikoz Issues
Author Message
Kinter

Pro

Joined: 08/02/2016 10:21:44
Messages: 28
Offline

I have a Box of 5 cd
it can be found here two versions, one with discsubtitle name and the second no discsubtitle name.

http://musicbrainz.org/release/840db4fb-5cfa-4faa-b82b-d13f72229635
http://musicbrainz.org/release/f0bc4193-efed-3d45-a4f6-19b3c21d2c4b

but if I match the box to one or the other I already have a mix of null values and correct values, part of the files of the cd can have the correct disksubtitle and other no. and in the same disk, I can have different value ...

I clear the cache, reload, re match, and now I always have empty disksubtitle even if the disk have one
Kinter

Pro

Joined: 08/02/2016 10:21:44
Messages: 28
Offline

same error :

the album is http://musicbrainz.org/release/f4435bde-3bbf-4274-a2ba-0f05a177bce0

and I have somme discsubtitle from this one

http://musicbrainz.org/release/aaa0f29d-d353-4138-b327-1b37040636ef

and a date in the name coming from ?

Cd01 - Famille 86-87
Cd01 - Veiller Tard 85-86
Cd02

I wanted to add the support file is attached to the message, but it is not possible ?
Kinter

Pro

Joined: 08/02/2016 10:21:44
Messages: 28
Offline

same issue for an other album (2cd)

the album name is correct, the MB release too
but track number and discsubtitle come from an other.

John Lee Hooker\1978 - The Cream\Cd02 - Disc Three [Blue On Blues]
John Lee Hooker\1978 - The Cream\Cd02 - Disc Three [Blue On Blues]
John Lee Hooker\1978 - The Cream\Cd02 - Disc One [The Cream]

if I clear the cache and restart the process everything is good
paultaylor

Pro
[Avatar]

Joined: 21/08/2006 09:21:27
Messages: 7561
Online

I dont quite understand, but could you please email your support files.

thanks Paul (Administrator)
Kinter

Pro

Joined: 08/02/2016 10:21:44
Messages: 28
Offline

sent ;)
that's my explanation that you don't understand ?
paultaylor

Pro
[Avatar]

Joined: 21/08/2006 09:21:27
Messages: 7561
Online

Kinter wrote:
same error :

the album is http://musicbrainz.org/release/f4435bde-3bbf-4274-a2ba-0f05a177bce0

and I have somme discsubtitle from this one

http://musicbrainz.org/release/aaa0f29d-d353-4138-b327-1b37040636ef

and a date in the name coming from ?

Cd01 - Famille 86-87
Cd01 - Veiller Tard 85-86
Cd02
 

Hi, thanks for your support files and it indicates that the Famille 86-87 and Veiller Tard 85-86 values do indeed come from the discsubtitle field.

Ive then searched the complete MusicBrainz database and there is no disc subtitle with this value. So I think what is happening is the discsubtitle field has been added by another source or manually so when your run Rename it picks it up from the discsubtiutle field. Please check by ensuring the Disc Subtitle column i s enabled in the main edit window and see if has values for these fields. If so just remove the values and then rerun Rename Folder from Metadata

thanks Paul (Administrator)
Kinter

Pro

Joined: 08/02/2016 10:21:44
Messages: 28
Offline

The idsksubtitle name is now enabled (i didn't find it previously ...)
the value is empty in the orig files, so it was put by jaikoz somewhere in the process.

what I don't understand, its in my first message
I clear the cache, reload, re match, and now I always have empty disksubtitle even if the disk have one 


now that I can see the value in the table, I'll keep you in touch if I find something
Kinter

Pro

Joined: 08/02/2016 10:21:44
Messages: 28
Offline

I have tried to reproduce the problem with the sames files.
but I saw something for an album:
the disksubtitle is not stored on musicbrainz, but it is on discogs
the cd's where first matched bys discog's and after by musicbrainz (match song for a specific album)

is it a lead ?
paultaylor

Pro
[Avatar]

Joined: 21/08/2006 09:21:27
Messages: 7561
Online

Yes if matching release to Discogs first and it has disc subtitle then it will be used. Usually I would recommend you match to MusicBrainz first and then Discogs because MusicBrainz matching is better since it uses AcoustIds.

I have now found the subtitles, they are in

https://www.discogs.com/release/1315887

so I think your Discogs match matched to songs on this release, and then MusicBrainz matched to another release.

If you already have a value for a field but not for the match then it is not removed because that would generally be destroying the data, i.e you wouldnt want to remove barcode if the MusicBrainz release doesnt have the barcode informaton. But maybe I should add such an option to clear out data ?

But the point is if the disc sub title field has a value it will be used by your rename mask.

I thinking the caching is a red-herring

thanks Paul (Administrator)
Kinter

Pro

Joined: 08/02/2016 10:21:44
Messages: 28
Offline

that's because I usually make an autocorrect, after I try to match to musicbrainz.
There are a lot of case where autocorrect don't find anything but disco's, ant, after, the match song to one musicbrainz works.

in this case, is there a way to clear everything that was made by the autocorect ?
paultaylor

Pro
[Avatar]

Joined: 21/08/2006 09:21:27
Messages: 7561
Online

Theres not a specific Clear Autocorrect and of course if you need Correct from Disocgs to succeed in order for Match to Specified MusicBrainz Id succeed you wouldnt want to clear it.

But you can easily delete selected fields with Edit:Delete Field or you can click on a column header and select Empty Column to clear all values for the listed songs for that metadata field.

thanks Paul (Administrator)
Kinter

Pro

Joined: 08/02/2016 10:21:44
Messages: 28
Offline

I have perhaps something:
for this album http://musicbrainz.org/release/3d0514e9-1331-4420-a2dd-a1b84d67c722 there is no discsubtitle
but
if it is matched to this one
https://www.discogs.com/fr/fr/release/1288554

there is an invalid disk id : "the hit combination"
 Filename JaikozSupport.zip [Disk] Download
 Description
 Filesize 29 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  168 time(s)

paultaylor

Pro
[Avatar]

Joined: 21/08/2006 09:21:27
Messages: 7561
Online

Okay thanks, but haven't I already explained the problem - it is using the subtitle that was added when the songs were matched to a Discogs release.

thanks Paul (Administrator)
Kinter

Pro

Joined: 08/02/2016 10:21:44
Messages: 28
Offline

yes understood
but if you take a look discogs doesn't have a disksubtitle for this album, it's a false interpretation of a song made by multiple songs.

and in first messages, the disksubtitle should be for all the songs of a disk, not for a few , or multiple name for the same cd like in my previous message ?

so in my last message I should not have a disksubtitle because there is not
Kinter

Pro

Joined: 08/02/2016 10:21:44
Messages: 28
Offline

paultaylor wrote:
Yes if matching release to Discogs first and it has disc subtitle then it will be used. Usually I would recommend you match to MusicBrainz first and then Discogs because MusicBrainz matching is better since it uses AcoustIds.

I have now found the subtitles, they are in

https://www.discogs.com/release/1315887

so I think your Discogs match matched to songs on this release, and then MusicBrainz matched to another release.

If you already have a value for a field but not for the match then it is not removed because that would generally be destroying the data, i.e you wouldnt want to remove barcode if the MusicBrainz release doesnt have the barcode informaton. But maybe I should add such an option to clear out data ?

But the point is if the disc sub title field has a value it will be used by your rename mask.

I thinking the caching is a red-herring  


I didn't read correctly this message (English is not my primary language)
i understand that the name came from discogs, and I understand that a value if it's exist is not removed.

So if there is no value at musicbrainz and there is a value at discogs every song of a cd should have the same value (nothing or the value from discogs) because they are all matched from both by autocorrect.

but the result is a cd with song that can have 3 different value, some songs with the value from musicbrainz: null (?), other of the same cd, with the value from discogs, and other with a value from an other disk, not the current one.
that can't be normal ?



Cd01 - Famille 86-87
Cd01 - Veiller Tard 85-86
Cd01 -

cd1 have the value from cd3 OR cd4 of discogs, and sometimes null value from musicbrainz of cd?
paultaylor

Pro
[Avatar]

Joined: 21/08/2006 09:21:27
Messages: 7561
Online

Kinter wrote:
yes understood
but if you take a look discogs doesn't have a disksubtitle for this album, it's a false interpretation of a song made by multiple songs.

and in first messages, the disksubtitle should be for all the songs of a disk, not for a few , or multiple name for the same cd like in my previous message ?

so in my last message I should not have a disksubtitle because there is not 

Ah okay your are right Ive raised https://jthink.atlassian.net/browse/JAIKOZ-1118

Unfortunately parsing track listings in Discogs is not easy as they use the title and trackno fields for many different purposes instead of having separate fields.

thanks Paul (Administrator)
paultaylor

Pro
[Avatar]

Joined: 21/08/2006 09:21:27
Messages: 7561
Online

Kinter wrote:

So if there is no value at musicbrainz and there is a value at discogs every song of a cd should have the same value (nothing or the value from discogs) because they are all matched from both by autocorrect.

but the result is a cd with song that can have 3 different value, some songs with the value from musicbrainz: null (?), other of the same cd, with the value from discogs, and other with a value from an other disk, not the current one.
that can't be normal ?

Cd01 - Famille 86-87
Cd01 - Veiller Tard 85-86
Cd01 -

cd1 have the value from cd3 OR cd4 of discogs, and sometimes null value from musicbrainz of cd? 

Usually you would expect the songs to be matched to an equivalent MusicBrainz and Discogs release, but yes if they are matched to two different albums then there could be an inconsistency with the subtitle field.

You are the first to ever report this so I think it happens rarely

thanks Paul (Administrator)
Kinter

Pro

Joined: 08/02/2016 10:21:44
Messages: 28
Offline

perhaps am I the only one tu use it ;)

just FYI an other album from discogs with false info, https://www.discogs.com/fr/fr/release/6672719
paultaylor

Pro
[Avatar]

Joined: 21/08/2006 09:21:27
Messages: 7561
Online

Kinter wrote:
perhaps am I the only one tu use it ;)

just FYI an other album from discogs with false info, https://www.discogs.com/fr/fr/release/6672719 

I think its just because of the order you are doing things, discogs then musicbrainz although I understand why you may have had to do it for a particular album.

BTW we ignore DVD discogs releases anyway.

thanks Paul (Administrator)
Kinter

Pro

Joined: 08/02/2016 10:21:44
Messages: 28
Offline

my order is the default auto, musicbrainz, and after discogs.
for the moment, musicbrainz never give false value, and for this particular field, I have a lot from discogs.
and option for discsubtitle value at discogs should be great

what do you mean for dvd value ?
because I had yesterday a false discsubtitle from a dvd name at discogs
paultaylor

Pro
[Avatar]

Joined: 21/08/2006 09:21:27
Messages: 7561
Online

Well Jaikoz is meant to ignore DVD releases, Ill have to check.

i mean you are matching to MusicBrainz After matching to Dicogs, but I have raised an issue to look at this in more detail https://jthink.atlassian.net/browse/JAIKOZ-1118

thanks Paul (Administrator)
 
Forum Index -> Jaikoz Issues
Go to:   
Powered by JForum 2.1.6 © JForum Team