[Logo] Jaikoz and SongKong Forums
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Update Metadata from Existing MusicBrainz Id doesn't update everything?  XML
Forum Index -> Jaikoz Issues
Author Message
jdoering

Pro

Joined: 30/11/2007 03:03:13
Messages: 20
Offline

I'm trying to clean up tags on a bunch of my files. To accomplish this I first named all of my files as MusicBrainzID-PUID. Then I used a separate program to clear all tags (nicely removes ID3 tags from FLAC, etc). This allowed me to clear everything out without losing my identification.

I then opened the files in Jaikoz and used "Correct Metadata from Filename" to get my MusicBrainz-PUID back (one glitch there; files too short for a PUID had to be processed a second time with a different pattern rule).

I thought that after this step that "Update Metadata from Existing MusicBrainz Id" would bring in everything available from MusicBrainz. While it did fix Title/Album/Artist, etc - it left several of the release related fields blank (e.g. year, barcode, cat no, label).

I can get the missing fields to fill in by selecting all songs for a single release and choosing "Match songs to one MusicBrainz release". This fills in all of the missing release related fields WITHOUT actually changing the MusicBrainz release Id at all.

This seems like a bug as I cannot imagine why updating metadata from existing MusicBrainz Id wouldn't bring in everything possible compared to the match to release flow given that the ids don't change at all.

While I have a workaround; it is very inconvenient as I have to do it one album at a time rather than for my entire collection.

-Jeff
paultaylor

Pro
[Avatar]

Joined: 21/08/2006 09:21:27
Messages: 7361
Offline

Does sound like a bug, but not one that can be replicated by me, are you sure its not matching to a different release.

thanks Paul (Administrator)
jdoering

Pro

Joined: 30/11/2007 03:03:13
Messages: 20
Offline

It's definitely not picking a new release; I triple checked. All of the existing MusicBrainz fields (DiscId, ReleaseId, etc) that were filled in by the update step stay the same during the match release step. The only change is that some additional release-specific fields are populated.

I can reproduce the issue with a single 500Kb song from my album. Maybe I have something strange in my settings although nothing jumps out at me. The MusicBrainz settings for the impacted fields are all set to "Always replace value".

Here are the MusicBrainzId (4e4b66b2-6ea6-4c5f-9622-dee1ad8ed273) and PUID (248d8ed2-7dd2-ad3c-1577-ab5da4e1fb8c) that I start with. It's a 22 second mp3 track initially with no tags at all. That track id corresponds to MusicBrainz release Id: 056d82e5-cdd3-4548-9bbd-d5b7f599340f.

I can provide the actual track via e-mail if that helps narrow down the issue.

-Jeff
pschonmann

Pro
[Avatar]
Joined: 30/11/2008 14:02:22
Messages: 239
Offline

22s is little time. Acoustic fingerprint cant be created. But if you have filled MBID the tags should be filled when upgrading.

Ill suggest send support logs to Paul, included with tracks

Support Jaikoz! I did it!
[Email] [WWW]
jdoering

Pro

Joined: 30/11/2007 03:03:13
Messages: 20
Offline

I picked the shortest track that did have a PUID (so the file would be small if I sent it in). The same thing happens with all of the tracks on the album (one is too short for a PUID and the rest are "normal" length).

I'll send the details in.

-Jeff
pschonmann

Pro
[Avatar]
Joined: 30/11/2008 14:02:22
Messages: 239
Offline

Or just try Empty cache and update again.

Support Jaikoz! I did it!
[Email] [WWW]
jdoering

Pro

Joined: 30/11/2007 03:03:13
Messages: 20
Offline

Clearing the cache did not help. I produced a level 7 logfile and sent that and the track I mentioned to Paul. Hopefully this will clarify the problem.

-Jeff
paultaylor

Pro
[Avatar]

Joined: 21/08/2006 09:21:27
Messages: 7361
Offline

Ive tried again and am unable to replicat the issue, can you list which fields get changed when you do Match Release and what the value gets chnaged from and to. (The logs dont have this information)

thanks Paul (Administrator)
jdoering

Pro

Joined: 30/11/2007 03:03:13
Messages: 20
Offline

The match release flow isn't changing any already set tags. It's just filling in some missing ones. Specifically the release event related tags: release date, country, label, and media. Barcode and cat no have no data at MusicBrainz for this particular release.

Send additional detailed info via e-mail to clarify the issue.

-Jeff
paultaylor

Pro
[Avatar]

Joined: 21/08/2006 09:21:27
Messages: 7361
Offline

Your sypnosis is correct the issue is with picking a different /no release event for the release when you have Preferences : Remote Correct : Preferred Release Date set to No Preference.

Fixed for next release.

thanks Paul (Administrator)
 
Forum Index -> Jaikoz Issues
Go to:   
Powered by JForum 2.1.6 © JForum Team