Joined: 21/08/2006 09:21:27
Hi, after running the trial version I have a many questions on how to handle issues if I purchase.
Hi, would be useful if you run Help:Create Support Files, then I can see exactly the results you have got with SongKong but I will try and answers your questions.
1. The Allman Brothers were listed under "T" for "The" rather than "A" for "Allman". The same is true with The Neville Brothers etc. Is there a fix?
Since you a running in trial mode I assume you mean that when you click on the Matched to MusicBrainz section of the report album artists are not ordered using sort name just normal name. That is true but the actual songs do store albumartist + albumartistsort fields and this is set correctly for The Allman Brothers to Allman Brothers, The - I can see this by checking MusicBrainz in Edit mode ( https://musicbrainz.org/artist/0ee9ee6d-d359-48bc-97b3-c2bca84abfe4/edit )
as can be seen by looking at the Song Changes or the View as Spreadsheet section of the report.
If this is not the issue and you are just having specific issues with this artist then I assume it was because it was not actually matched by SongKong, or it was matched but only to a song not a release, in this case release specific fields such as album artist and sort album artist would not be modified.
2. Sonny Rollins album "The Bridge" was Listed under "The Bridge" rather than Sonny Rollins. Is there a fix?
Sounds like this was not matched by SongKong, you are unlikely to get 100% matching. more typical is 90%
3. Can album covers be imported manually if SongKong doesn't import it automatically? Can back covers and booklets be imported?
You can embed artwork manually using a different tool such as Jaikoz
, but SongKong only provides automated matching
4. It's wonderful to see musician credits on some jazz albums. Where can musician credits be manually populated on the titles when they are not listed?
Jaikoz is fully compatible with SongKong and supports the same fields so you can fill in the gaps with Jaikoz
5. Is SongKong just a tagger or is it also a music manager? Can SongKong tags be imported into other music manger programs? As a manager does it work on android or ipad and connect via wifi to a music server?
It is just a tagger, all the metadata its adds is added to the files themselves so is available to any other tool. Where a standard field exists for a particular file format we always use it, where they don't exist we use the most popular field mapping for the best support with other tools.
We dont currently have a version for Ipad/Android, only Windows/OSX/Linux. We are considering enabling it to be run in a server mode and controlled via browser so then you could install on your server and control via a browser or any platform (inc iPad/Android) but this is not yet available.
6. How does SongKong handle bootlegs and other unlisted recordings?
The databases that SongKong uses (MusicBrainz/Discogs) have many unofficial and bootlegs releases, so if they are in the database they can be tagged by SongKong.