Joined: 02/09/2019 09:10:32
I would really like to uniformly re-tag my flac library and stumbled upon SongKong and Jaikoz. After reading a little I think SongKong might be the right tool. But before I trigger the gun, spend money and potentially mess up my library, maybe you could help me get started?
What I am looking to do:
- The variable bitrate aac converter does not like all my flac tags. Some get horribly mangled when converting tracks for my phone. I'm not sure what causes this, it happens whether I use media monkey aac with the codec pack or foobar with the itunes codec.
- Some of the other tools I tried, like mp3 tag or musicbrainz added additional tag fields I don't want. I would like to delete/blank all tag fields I deem superfluous.
- There are some 2 cd albums in my library are handled like two separate albums. While accurate for exact audio copy flac rips, it is inconvenient for digital use. I'd like to merge those to be handled as one album.
- A useful arrangement of artist/composer to be compliant with other player apps for easy sorting, especially iTunes and the iPhone music player. It would be real nice if there was a way to make my iPhone understand what a feature is. So if a song is tagged by artist x feat. y, I don't get a new entry of artist "x feat y" but instead find the song under artist x or y.
- A uniform arrangement for capitalization, ft vs feat. vs featuring etc. It's not that I have a preference (but I'm open to suggestions on which system makes more sense!) but I would really like uniformity in that regard
- The option to change album art storing from per file to per folder.
All the songs in my library are tagged already, my requirements are more about uniformity and compatibility then finding new tags for untagged files. Is SongKong capable of doing the things on my wish list reliably? Do you have some suggestion on how to best do this?
Many thanks in advance!