[Logo] Jaikoz and SongKong Forums
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Album Processing Mode  XML
Forum Index -> Jaikoz Wishlist
Author Message
markfaine

Pro

Joined: 10/04/2008 19:58:02
Messages: 150
Offline

I don't know about others but I tend to find I am most productive with Jaikoz when dealing with one Album at a time. I'm only been using it for a short while and perhaps I haven't gotten the hang of it yet. I'd like to see some sort of album mode where I can load a directory and in a wizard like manner work through each album in the queue one at a time. I do this now but it is more of a manual process that works like this:

1. Drag folder (one album) into Jaikoz or load from file picker.
2. Autocorrect
3. MusicIP
4. Musicbrainz - if necessary
5. Correct lyrics (I've now added this to #2)
6. Manually review and correct
7. Correct files/folders if necessary

I don't see why all but #6 can't be automated. I could set a base folder and then Jaikoz could stop at each album and prompt me to review and correct any problems or add information not found in MusicBrainz. Then finish the process and start processing the next album.

If I add any information that wasn't in the original MusicBrainz then it could as a matter of course submit this information to MusicBrainz so in the end we all do less work.

paultaylor

Pro
[Avatar]

Joined: 21/08/2006 09:21:27
Messages: 7298
Offline

markfaine wrote:

1. Drag folder (one album) into Jaikoz or load from file picker.
2. Autocorrect
3. MusicIP
4. Musicbrainz - if necessary
5. Correct lyrics (I've now added this to #2)
6. Manually review and correct
7. Correct files/folders if necessary
 

they can be you, can add 3,4, 5 and 7 to the AutoCorrecter so you are left
with
1. Drag folder (one album) into Jaikoz or load from file picker.
2. Autocorrect
3. Manually review and correct
4. Save changes

You can even add Save changes if you dont feel the need to review.

markfaine wrote:

I could set a base folder and then Jaikoz could stop at each album
 

That is quite an interesting idea , perhaps I could just add a 'Run AutoCorrecter folder by folder' might let me deal with the multiple release issues.

markfaine wrote:

If I add any information that wasn't in the original MusicBrainz then it could as a matter of course submit this information to MusicBrainz so in the end we all do less work.
 

I would love to this, but so far Rob Kaye at MB does not want to allow any submissions of new data (except musicbrainzid,puid pairs) through any mechanism except the website. Im going to look and see if I could open the correct webpage with some data populated from Jaikoz to help in the submission process. At the very least Im going to write an article on how to Jaikoz for submitting to Musicbrainz as it stands.

thanks Paul (Administrator)
 
Forum Index -> Jaikoz Wishlist
Go to:   
Powered by JForum 2.1.6 © JForum Team