[Logo] Jaikoz and SongKong Forums
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Preferences lost when upgrading & Song release year  XML
Forum Index -> Jaikoz Questions
Author Message
punar



Joined: 24/07/2007 16:44:55
Messages: 8
Offline

A couple of questiions:
* Earlier upgrades of Jaikoz Tagger has caused my preferences to be lost so I have to do them all over again. Has this been fixed in the newest release (or is there a workaround)?

* When matching songs with MusicBrainz does the Year Tag represent the release year of the album or the release year of the song? I would prefer the latter so that when you get matches for "Best of Phil Collins" or so you don't get a Year value of into the 2000s.
Or is it possible to set the MusicBrainz matching preferences to prefer the first album the song appeared on instead of such collections?
paultaylor

Pro
[Avatar]

Joined: 21/08/2006 09:21:27
Messages: 7208
Offline

punar wrote:
A couple of questiions:
* Earlier upgrades of Jaikoz Tagger has caused my preferences to be lost so I have to do them all over again. Has this been fixed in the newest release (or is there a workaround)?
 

Jaikoz 2.4.0 Official wil preserve your settings, jaikoz 2.4.0 beta 2 works ok for Windows and Linux AFAIK but there is a problem preventing it working properly for OSX this has been fixed for beta 3 which will be released later this week.

punar wrote:

When matching songs with MusicBrainz does the Year Tag represent the release year of the album or the release year of the song? I would prefer the latter so that when you get matches for "Best of Phil Collins" or so you don't get a Year value of into the 2000s.
 

Release year of the album, because ths is when this version of the song was released. If the song was also released as a single and you have tagged the Single then it would give the date you wanted.

punar wrote:

Or is it possible to set the MusicBrainz matching preferences to prefer the first album the song appeared on instead of such collections? 


Yes you can set 'Prefer releases of the following types' make sure you dont select compilations and then increase the match score of 'Release is one of Preferred types' . If the metadat of the file currently links it to the compilation album and you dont want this you probably want to reduce the match score of 'Release Metamatch'

Once a particular release is selected, it can have different release events which specify when it was released in different countries. In the AutoFormat you should specify for 'When Selecting Year and Country of release prefer to use' - 'Earliest release date' to get the earliest release date for the release.

thanks Paul (Administrator)
punar



Joined: 24/07/2007 16:44:55
Messages: 8
Offline

Great!

Thanks PaulTaylor!
 
Forum Index -> Jaikoz Questions
Go to:   
Powered by JForum 2.1.6 © JForum Team