[Logo] Jaikoz and SongKong Forums
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Getting too few metamatches with MB  XML
Forum Index -> Jaikoz Questions
Author Message
matslun

Enthusiast

Joined: 21/09/2008 01:31:40
Messages: 10
Location: Sweden
Offline

Have been running Jaikoz for a week now - trying to optimize all parameters before I do my first full run on the collection... (By the way, it's a really nice app!)

One interesting aspect is that I seem to get too few matches with MB when looking up albums/releases. Due to historical naming and tagging I have additional information added to a lot of my files Artists and Titles fields, within parenthesis, like "Title (Remix X)", "Artist X (featuring Artist Y)" etc. If I remove the parenthesis and rerun the remote correct, I get the match! So my question is - is there some way to ignore everything from "(" to ")" when doing the lookup? Maybe as a "fallback" search when a search with the full string fails?

/ml/sweden
paultaylor

Pro
[Avatar]

Joined: 21/08/2006 09:21:27
Messages: 7665
Online

That is a good idea for a refinement to the jaikoz autosearching algorithm, but it doesnt do it currently.

In the meantime make sure that you do Retrieve Acoustic Ids before matching from Musicbrainz, this gives you a reasonable chance of matching even if your metadata is completely different.

Also, you could try using the (semi-automatic) Manual match from Musicbrainz, you might find that Jaikoz is finding the right tracks but they are just not geeting a high enough score to get automatically matched.

thanks Paul (Administrator)
matslun

Enthusiast

Joined: 21/09/2008 01:31:40
Messages: 10
Location: Sweden
Offline

I checked a little bit more what was wrong, and indeed, the acoustic ID process must somehow have stopped half way - as my first 700 tracks have acoustic IDs but then I only get timeouts. (I wrote a question about this in the "Issues" forum... ;-)

Regarding the problem with my extra info, a workaround that seems to work good enough for me to get matches from metadata is to enter more words in the "Match-remove-list", like "remix" and "featuring"... But first on my list to fix is to get the acoustic IDs working for all my files!

/ml
 
Forum Index -> Jaikoz Questions
Go to:   
Powered by JForum 2.1.6 © JForum Team