Okay, I think its not the html itself which is the problem but SongKong makes a copy of the images added so they can be displayed in the report I may need to change that, however even then I don't think they can be that large, where are you getting that values from ?
You could get rid of your older reports if you no longer need them using Help:Delete Reports, or if you do need them just delete the contents of the images folder within the report folder.
You could empty the SongKong database if you don't need to Undo any changes using File:Empty Database
So now I have a more clear description of what is happening:
- when fixing songs and getting errors the CPU goes to 99%
- it stays like that for aprox 10-20 hours (it depends)
- after that it generates a report that is using all the available disk space in User\AppData
- in User\AppData I can the the huge file of 60-70 GB , depending on the free space. I assume if I had 200 GB it would use that entire space....
- the actual huge html file appears when making the report
If I delete the report then try to fix the REMAINING (I am using move option) songs again it works on some of them without errors but again when errors appear it crashes again like I described above.