[Logo] Jaikoz and SongKong Forums
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Messages posted by: cdr  XML
Profile for cdr -> Messages posted by cdr [4]
Author Message
Hi,

I did some experiments. It was the WMP/WMC (on Win7RC1) that caused it, not Songbird.

It most likely happend while WMP added it's own special tags, which appear in jaikoz under the unsupported list:

PRIV:Owner="WM/MediaClassPrimaryID"; Data="16 bytes"
PRIV:Owner="WM/Provider"; Data="8 bytes"
... and 5 more entries like this ...

At the same time, everything under userdefined urls and userdefined text infos seems to be destroyed (the value just being the description minus its first character).

Thanks,
Chris
Thanks for the reply. I used both 1.0 and 1.2. Although if I remember correctly, I didn't use it much at the time the corruption probably happened. That's why I expect the bad players to be either WMP or WMC.

Am I the only one having such issues, or have you heard of others as well? Might it just be an issue with the newest version delivered by Windows 7 (RC)?

If you're interested I can try all of them again on a small subset (or a subset copy, more likely) of my library to narrow it down. If it is indeed Win7 related I can create a bug report for Microsoft...

Thanks,
Chris
I use Jaikoz with iTunes to maintain my music library, works like a charm (thanks!).

However, recently I noticed that a lot of files in my library had corrupt MB Release IDs and MusicIP PUIDs. Instead of the actual MB Release ID the column just shows "usicBrainz Album Id", and the MusicIP ID column shows "usicIP PUID" (note the missing first character). Luckily the MB Unique ID is still intact, so fixing the files is easy (no MB rematching needed).

I wonder what caused that corruption. Are there known bad players/apps that should be avoided? I used the following applications in the meantime, but stopped using all of them since I noticed the corruption:

- Windows Media Player (on Windows7 RC1)
- Windows Media Center (on Windows7 RC1)
- Mozilla Songbird

Beside of iTunes (and Logitec/SlimDevices SqueezeCenter, but that doesn't touch the files as far as I know)

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Chris
iTunes: 8.1.1.10
Jaikoz: 2.9.2
Windows: 7, RC Build 7100

I observed that on Win7 the iTunes update seems to work fine (all the tags and album art in iTunes is updated) but Jaikoz nevertheless prints just in the end an error message, telling me that the update failed and that I shouldn't use iTunes while updating (I didn't!).

Is this a known issue? Is there something wrong on my side? Need more info?

Thanks.

User Log (sorry, german):
11.05.2009 12:57:39: WARNUNG: Nicht möglich, iTunes zu aktualisieren: iTunes war beschäftigt und konnte nicht aktualisiert werden, bitte nutzen Sie iTunes nicht während eines Update-Prozesses durch Jaikoz

Debug Log:
11/05/2009 12.57.31:com.jthink.jaikoz.TagSaver$2:run:WARNUNG: iTunes Exception
com4j.ComException: a0040202 (Unknown error) : .\invoke.cpp:460
at com4j.Wrapper.invoke(Wrapper.java:122)
at $Proxy29.name(Unknown Source)
at com.jthink.jaikoz.ituneshelper.WindowsUpdateItunesWithChanges.updateItunes(WindowsUpdateItunesWithChanges.java:86)
at com.jthink.jaikoz.TagSaver$2.run(TagSaver.java:388)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: com4j.ComException: a0040202 (Unknown error) : .\invoke.cpp:460
at com4j.Native.invoke(Native Method)
at com4j.StandardComMethod.invoke(StandardComMethod.java:95)
at com4j.Wrapper$InvocationThunk.call(Wrapper.java:258)
at com4j.Task.invoke(Task.java:44)
at com4j.ComThread.run0(ComThread.java:149)
at com4j.ComThread.run(ComThread.java:125)
 
Profile for cdr -> Messages posted by cdr [4]
Go to:   
Powered by JForum 2.1.6 © JForum Team