[Logo] Jaikoz and SongKong Forums
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Messages posted by: dschwarz  XML
Profile for dschwarz -> Messages posted by dschwarz [2]
Author Message
Paul, thank you for your detailed response.

OK now I understand that the MusicIP values are calculated and not the result of a matching exercise. So the MusicIP values are just fine but the MusicBrainz database matches are not always fine.

As you have noted, it almost always gets the track right, but it may get the album wrong. This is what I'm calling the 95%right / 5% wrong situation. Common scenario is to have most tracks on an album tagged correctly, but one or two are tagged with the name of the "Greatest Hits" album rather than the original album. Happens with a lot of my Beatles MP3s for example. I'll switch to "Overwritten if empty", that should fix that problem. If I can get new album art based on accurate Album titles, i'm happy.

By the way about the 12 hour process to download 14K MusicIP tags. I did save the files immediately after getting the MusicIP tags, so I'm in good shape there. I noted that the process utilized both my CPUs at approximately 50% for the entire time. Does it deliberately throttle CPU usage, or is it i/o bound?





Hi, new Jaikoz customer here.

I have a large collection of MP3s - 14,412 files at last count. I just finished retrieving MusicIP Acoustic IDs for all files (about 12 hours!), MusicBrainz IDs and MusicBrainz data.

Most of my MP3 files started out with accurate tags, but I was missing some fields for many files (ie.. genre, album cover art, year of recording) so I thought Jaikoz would be a great way to automatically fix up those problems.

What I found: MusicIP / MusicBrainz is about 95% accurate identifying my music. That's good, but in a colleciton this size it means that there are about 720 incorrectly tagged files, randomly distributed throughout my collection. Simply applying the changes as-is will mess up those files' tags. On the other hand, reviewing each file one by one is proving to be tedious and error prone. Plus on a collection this size, simply navigating from folder to folder in the view takes about 5sec. (on an Athlon x2 6000+ / Raptor HD system)

What I'd like to see is Jaikoz to apply some level of fuzzy matching between MusicBrainz retrieved data and the existing MP3 tags and/or existing folder hierarchy where the file is located and file name. I'd like it to use the following update logic:

If existing ID3 tags "fuzzy match" OK to the musicbrainz data
Update missing ID3 tags with musicbrainz data, leave existing tags alone
Or, if the filename/folder structure 'fuzzy matches' to the musicbrainz data, but the ID3 tags do not, update all ID3 tags to match what MusicBrainz has.

If the musicbrainz data does not fuzzy match to the ID3 tags, yet their audio fingerprints are the same, then flag the file in such a way the file's id3 tags and directory location can be displayed for quick bulk reviews and a decision to apply or discard the musicbrainz id3 tags.

 
Profile for dschwarz -> Messages posted by dschwarz [2]
Go to:   
Powered by JForum 2.1.6 © JForum Team