- [SONGKONG-1305] - Melco:Parse Naim UserEdits.xml file
- [SONGKONG-1329] - Melco:Use frame offsets in cddbinfo.txt to work out track duration
- [SONGKONG-1331] - Melco:Use frame offsets in amginfo.xml to work out track duration
- [SONGKONG-1391] - Improvements to SongChanges section of report
- [SONGKONG-1394] - Update Genre from Amginfo.xml
- [SONGKONG-1451] - Add Status/Metadata Completeness Report
- [SONGKONG-1452] - Melco:Add support for parsing Genre from Naim CDDB/Amg/UsereEdits
- [SONGKONG-1453] - Add Manual Editing support
- [SONGKONG-1200] - Spreadsheet link but no spreadsheet in UndoChanges report
- [SONGKONG-1410] - Create Support Files does not always seem to send latest reports
- [SONGKONG-1430] - Remote:Cancel message disappears after next refresh
- [SONGKONG-1437] - Remote:Delete Duplicates., deletion folder field not getting set when pick from folder tree
- [SONGKONG-1438] - Remote:Fix Songs hangs if select a folder that contains no audio files
- [SONGKONG-1443] - Remote:Static js/css/image files are not being cached
- [SONGKONG-1448] - Remote:Possible issue with progress completion dialog
- [SONGKONG-1450] - Ensure create new reports not append to existing reports
- [SONGKONG-358] - Jaudiotagger log output only going to console but not Songkong-debug0-0 itself
- [SONGKONG-1436] - Regression:Some Combo options defaulting to first option on each time FixSongs dialog opened.
- [SONGKONG-1338] - OSX:songkong.sh needs to be made executable first time
- [SONGKONG-1385] - Should report if unable to write artwork to fs because of permissions
- [SONGKONG-1386] - Should better handle if non-existent fieldnames in songkong.properties
- [SONGKONG-1387] - audio fields should not even be listed as fields that can be added to nevermodify
- [SONGKONG-1393] - BaseFolderGuesser may request PERFORMER field, invalid for Wav INFO tag
- [SONGKONG-1397] - Possible scenario where DiscogsSongGroupMatcher misses songs, one missing in log below
- [SONGKONG-1401] - MusicBrainzProcessArtistRelations.processArtistRelationList:NullPointerException
- [SONGKONG-1429] - ExecutorService error on processing of second set of files in WatchFolder
- [SONGKONG-1355] - Only use main artist in the album artist field and discard other artists option
- [SONGKONG-1357] - Watch Folder report doesnt make it clear ran Watch Folder not Fix Songs
- [SONGKONG-1358] - Save Artwork Embedded should default to Replace if Empty
- [SONGKONG-1371] - Better Support for non-standard wav and aif files
- [SONGKONG-1372] - Option to add [HD] to album title
- [SONGKONG-1373] - Store isHD as metadata field
- [SONGKONG-1374] - Support LYRICIST_SORT field
- [SONGKONG-1375] - Revert workaround for Apple OSX 10.13 menubar bug
- [SONGKONG-1376] - In filename formatter rename samplerate and bitrate audiosamplerate and audiobitrate
- [SONGKONG-1379] - Add audiosuffix as available field to Rename Mask
- [SONGKONG-1380] - Filename Masks should default to preselect Rename Mask
- [SONGKONG-1356] - Discogs:VA release isGoodArtistAndTitleMatch incorrectly comparing track with release artist
- [SONGKONG-1360] - Timing Issue can cause SongKong multifolder albums to not be matched to Discogs
- [SONGKONG-1361] - Discogs Multi folder match should then go Discogs Single Folder if Mb disabled
- [SONGKONG-1365] - SongChanges section better handle lack of memory
- [SONGKONG-1366] - Invalid Audio Header for file doesnt show filename
- [SONGKONG-1368] - For Classical Artists Base Folder/SubFolder split often incorrect
- [SONGKONG-1369] - AudioEncoder and AudioFormat seem to use same value
- [SONGKONG-1370] - Filename looks like includes suffix in filename mask but does not
- [SONGKONG-1336] - Non readable file can halt file count
- [SONGKONG-1347] - Discogs NullPointer when configured to update no fields if trackno,discno not added
- [SONGKONG-1348] - Recording Only Update not respecting dont add certain fields
- [SONGKONG-1349] - If only artwork and only necessary ids like MusicBrainz added nothing displayed in SongChanges
- [SONGKONG-1350] - Report error when grouping tracks
- [SONGKONG-1352] - Discogs Search can leave acoustid metadata in ignoring NeverModify options
- [SONGKONG-1241] - Be careful with possibly corrupted charset asian chars in acoustid user data
- [SONGKONG-1300] - Make it easy to upgrade to Pro from within App
- [SONGKONG-1301] - Parse Naim cddbinfo.txt files should ignore files that have artist, album set to Unknown
- [SONGKONG-1302] - Filter out poor user submitted data for Acoustid
- [SONGKONG-1309] - Replace Artwork:Never modify option not needed
- [SONGKONG-1320] - Do not truncate filenames to Windows length if not Windows fs
- [SONGKONG-983] - Error Messages in report dont always show the problem file
- [SONGKONG-1073] - Sometimes SongKong does a save even though appear to be no changes
- [SONGKONG-1089] - IDV23 doesnt support YY-MM without DD leading to confusion
- [SONGKONG-1292] - Spreadsheet header sometimes not wide enough for titles
- [SONGKONG-1293] - Install standard license on Melco version no error until after FixSongs
- [SONGKONG-1297] - SongKong Melco update incorrectly takes you to SongKong download page
- [SONGKONG-1299] - Why is unable to find file that does exist
- [SONGKONG-1304] - If acousticbrainz lookup fails catch the error there instead of failing update
- [SONGKONG-1306] - All Music Guide, artist page of report should list alphabetically by album
- [SONGKONG-1310] - Windows:Delete Duplicates not working if iTunes enabled
- [SONGKONG-1315] - MusicBrainz Update song error
- [SONGKONG-1316] - Discogs Update Song Error
- [SONGKONG-1319] - Stuck in loop when rename to shorter name since because of the metadata keeps giving the same name
- [SONGKONG-1321] - Database corruption should stop operation immediately
- [SONGKONG-1322] - Missing AppleScriptEngine.jar for iTunes interaction
- [SONGKONG-1323] - Blank MOVEMENT_NO field for Mp4 (also for MOVEMENT_TOTAL)
- [SONGKONG-1324] - Base Folder/Sub Folder fields should not be editable just controlled by arrow buttons
- [SONGKONG-1326] - license.properties missing error
- [SONGKONG-1333] - Windows:ScriptEngineManager providers.next(): javax.script.ScriptEngineFactory: Provider apple.applescript.AppleScriptEngineFactory could not be instantiated
- [SONGKONG-1334] - SongKong fails to create spreadsheet report, but nothing written to Errors
- [SONGKONG-1337] - Spreadsheet Null Exception
- [SONGKONG-1339] - Ignore min image size should only apply when adding new images
- [SONGKONG-1340] - Ranking shown as RANKING in Song Changes section of Report
- [SONGKONG-1291] - Artist can have trailing space if added from Acoustid User Submitted Data
- [SONGKONG-1287] - REGRESSION:Changes to license.properties not being saved
- [SONGKONG-1289] - Release name being set to null when Matched to Discogs but not MusicBrainz
- [SONGKONG-948] - Support Files are large could we autoupload them instead
- [SONGKONG-1208] - Store license in separate license.properties file
- [SONGKONG-1247] - UI Preferences simplification
- [SONGKONG-1266] - Special processing for Add composer to album title when only one disc of BoxSet
- [SONGKONG-1271] - UI:Reduce number of options tabs for Fix Songs
- [SONGKONG-1248] - Windows 1730 God mode bug
- [SONGKONG-1265] - Classical Track Artist not respecting the MusicBrainz Track Artist option
- [SONGKONG-1267] - Excel doesnt show multi value fields on separate lines
- [SONGKONG-1268] - file.exists() sometimes returns false
- [SONGKONG-1273] - Cannot read mp4s that use 64bit value for encoding Music data length
- [SONGKONG-1255] - For chart fix label for MusicBrainz Release/Song only/Acoustid Song Only
- [SONGKONG-1256] - Error loading file from folder can prevent any files in folder being loaded
- [SONGKONG-1258] - Duplicate file checker can false positives when folder path contains dots
- [SONGKONG-1260] - Regression:Broken link to Song Only pages
- [SONGKONG-664] - Be able to keep a lossless and lossy version of each song when using delete duplicates
- [SONGKONG-870] - Make it clearer to user when user has multiple copies of the same song
- [SONGKONG-1010] - Add Artwork to top of Matched to Release page in SongChanges report
- [SONGKONG-1222] - Save files at grouping level
- [SONGKONG-1225] - If marked as classical and has a MusicBrainz_WORK we add the value to OVERALL_WORK
- [SONGKONG-1227] - Delete Duplicates, an option to not consider different formats a duplicates
- [SONGKONG-1229] - WAV for iTunes not setting compilation flag properly
- [SONGKONG-1232] - Add option to add audio format to album name for when user has flac/wav of each
- [SONGKONG-1235] - Improvements to SongChanges Report
- [SONGKONG-1245] - Remove recreate report at startup functionality
- [SONGKONG-1253] - Do not need to see errors caused by user cancellation
- [SONGKONG-1230] - Classical Album with two different album artists set for different tracks
- [SONGKONG-1231] - Doublecheck Acoustid to MusicBrainz release by looking at user submitted data
- [SONGKONG-1239] - Illegal Concurrent access to composer list
- [SONGKONG-1242] - AcousticBrainz Count still sometimes over counting
- [SONGKONG-1243] - Command line on Windows progress dialog flashes up at report creation
- [SONGKONG-1244] - Naim match based on cddbinfo.txt file not adding tracktotal
- [SONGKONG-1250] - If user cancelled task report creation starts too soon
- [SONGKONG-1163] - Add Instrument as a separate field for Classical
- [SONGKONG-1174] - Update Audio Fingerprinting to use Acoustid Chromaprint 1.4
- [SONGKONG-1175] - Naim Wav rip summary does not include percentage
- [SONGKONG-1191] - Clean out MusicBrainz/Discogs releases and artists from Database on exit
- [SONGKONG-1194] - Rename WORK field to GROUP field for MinimServer and add a new Work field
- [SONGKONG-1201] - Add Support for fpcalc on arm32 linux versions
- [SONGKONG-1204] - Support copying Wav metadata fields straight into iTunes library
- [SONGKONG-1209] - Add new OVERALL_WORK field to store the top level work
- [SONGKONG-1210] - Request user to just close iTunes on Windows if already open
- [SONGKONG-1121] - WAV files can have additional itrk fields added to RIFF chunk
- [SONGKONG-1134] - UserPreferences licenseKey1 uppercase, but licensekey2 lowercase
- [SONGKONG-1178] - songformelco headless installer installs into songkong folder
- [SONGKONG-1181] - Database creation fails when localhost not set up correctly
- [SONGKONG-1183] - Missing space after colon when prepend composer name to album title
- [SONGKONG-1188] - Field list on Never Modify/Modify If Empty is not wide enough
- [SONGKONG-1196] - Null Pointer can occur in Shift To Left
- [SONGKONG-1197] - Spreadsheet not sent with report using Help:Create Support Files
- [SONGKONG-1198] - MUSICBRAINZ_ARTIST_ID and RELEASEARTIST_ID not translated in report
- [SONGKONG-1202] - Headless error when interrupted cmdline songkong on linux
- [SONGKONG-1207] - Create Spreadsheet with OpenJdk depends on font being installed
- [SONGKONG-1214] - Timing Issue halting random folder fix prematurely
- [SONGKONG-1215] - Windows, iTunes NullpointerException reading IIFileOrCdTrack without location value
- [SONGKONG-1216] - Any issue with iTunes can give user the wrong impression song not saved
- [SONGKONG-1135] - Need separate section in report for matched to Naim All Music Guide
- [SONGKONG-1133] - Song Changes doesnt identify when match to All Music Guide form Naim Rip
- [SONGKONG-628] - Create spreadsheet showing songs current (potential if preview) metadata
- [SONGKONG-1114] - Add manual Classical music exception list, i.e this release is not Classical
- [SONGKONG-1143] - Language drop down should always show each language native to language
- [SONGKONG-1151] - Handle non-standard mime type that we could derive to avoid uneccessary errors
- [SONGKONG-1152] - For Classical we do not want to group songs by different composers
- [SONGKONG-1155] - When matching a large folder (200 songs) against multi disc album (10 discs) takes too long
- [SONGKONG-1157] - Skip releases with more than 2 discs if looks like a folder of random songs
- [SONGKONG-1160] - Allow user to decide if all/none are classical instead of letting SongKong decide
- [SONGKONG-1161] - Derive Movemnt:Work for multi-level works such as Operas
- [SONGKONG-1165] - Allow user to independently decide whether to apply Classical options
- [SONGKONG-1172] - Improvement to Match to MusicBrainz Song Only section of report
- [SONGKONG-994] - SongKong wouldnt start because hanging on creating trial license
- [SONGKONG-1131] - Exception occurs if select Open Folder and then cancel without selecting anything
- [SONGKONG-1132] - SongKong will crash on EVT if nothing selected for combo such as RenameMask
- [SONGKONG-1137] - Improve throughput of Acoustid Fingerprinting
- [SONGKONG-1138] - Invalid Fingerprint can cause match to not complete
- [SONGKONG-1139] - if you resize main window smaller text field for folders should be resized as well
- [SONGKONG-1140] - With RandomFolder match some conflict
- [SONGKONG-1150] - SongKong Heap Memory error
- [SONGKONG-1158] - In preview songs matched to MusicBrainz but label says Acoustid only
- [SONGKONG-1159] - IsClassical only not checking composer/conductor list
- [SONGKONG-1164] - In SongChanges part of report fieldname is not internationlized
- [SONGKONG-1173] - Not matched to Release or Song listing songs that were matched to song
We are pleased to announce a partnership between SongKong and Melco. Melco are recognised worldwide for their high quality music library
systems made with the highest quality audio specific components that allow music to be stored in digital format and then streamed to a music player or connected directly to a DAC
(Digital Audio Converter) for connection to a conventional hi-fi system.
This was announced at the Bristol Sound & Vision show, click here to view the press release.
Alan Ainslie from Melco, recognising the difficulty their customers had with poor quality metadata from previously ripped and downloaded songs, came to SongKong for help with devising a simple solution for customers.
In partnership with Melco we have already made many improvements for all SongKong customers, especially those with large collections including Classical and Jazz.
Additionally with SongKong for Melco we have
solved an issue for customers with collection of Naim wav rips. The popular Naim Uniti defaults to ripping to Wav format, it then looks up metadata from AllMusicGuide and Cddb. But this metadata
is stored in a file called amginfo.xml or cddb.txt within the same folder as the wav rips for the album rather than stored within the Wav files themselves. This is fine as long as
you only play them via Naim but if you copied the files anywhere else no metadata would show up for the Wav files, regardless of if the amginfo.xml or cddb.txt files
were copied as well since only Naim Uniti could parse them.
When the above option is enabled if you have any Naim wav folders that contain the Wavs and the Amginfo.xml/cddb.txt file then the metadata can now be embedded into the Wav
files themselves, this can now be read and used by most applications and players such as Minim Server and Foobar2000. Of course
you can additionally use SongKongs standard MusicBrainz and Discogs functionality to find additional metadata such as high resolution artwork.
- [SONGKONG-506] - Would be nice to have a way to only rename not rematch songs
- [SONGKONG-1094] - Add count of songs matched to AcousticBrainz in summary, and progress bar
- [SONGKONG-1102] - Lookup AcousticBrainz info directly from acousticbrainz.org
- [SONGKONG-1126] - SongKong not updating very high-res artwork
- [SONGKONG-1127] - MusicBrainz to Discogs linking not working correctly
- [SONGKONG-1130] - 0 songs checked against MusicBrainz and Discogs before task cancelled by SongKong because of unreported error
- [SONGKONG-1091] - Store classical composers list in properties file
- [SONGKONG-1104] - OSX:Improvements to iTunes Applescript code resilience
- [SONGKONG-1106] - Add Modify Existing Metadata when Song Only Match
- [SONGKONG-1107] - Add Classical option to always use standard artist type
- [SONGKONG-1108] - Check existing ALBUM ARTIST fields get rewritten if need be
- [SONGKONG-1109] - Try harder to find alternative to composer as album artist
- [SONGKONG-1110] - Be more careful before associating unknown person as conductor
- [SONGKONG-1118] - Issue when adding new files to iTunes lib that copies files
- [SONGKONG-1123] - Windows:Sometimes SongKong complains if configured for iTunes already open
- [SONGKONG-1125] - Process ArtistRelationships
- [SONGKONG-865] - Windows:Add songs rather than edit if iTunes configured to Copy
- [SONGKONG-866] - OSX:Error refreshing contents of SongKong iTunes playlist
- [SONGKONG-1098] - Cant Open Folder Dialog when entered network paths such as //nas/media into text field
- [SONGKONG-1100] - Problem with CheckDuplicatesValue
- [SONGKONG-1101] - NullPointer on parse DiscogsId
- [SONGKONG-1103] - Remove Video (and possibly audio) file associations
- [SONGKONG-1111] - IndexOutOfBound Exception in MatchToSongs also causes null pointer in save songs
- [SONGKONG-1112] - Guess base folder splitter expects file suffix to be lowercase
- [SONGKONG-1113] - This release incorrectly derives work:movement from composer:work in title
- [SONGKONG-1096] - Database errors because unable to get connection
- [SONGKONG-788] - Make use of User Metadata in Match to Recording Only when Acoustid matches no MusicBrainz tracks
- [SONGKONG-1016] - Create list of deceased classical composers to better identify classical/composers
- [SONGKONG-1061] - Should pre-fill the folder name field in with last one used on startup
- [SONGKONG-1062] - Delete Duplicates should remove folder if empty (or just contains artwork)
- [SONGKONG-1065] - Lowercase performer credit function when not coming from MusicBrainz
- [SONGKONG-1066] - Singles not matched to Discogs unless disabled Match to MusicBrainz release
- [SONGKONG-1067] - Make report links to MusicBrainz and Discogs https
- [SONGKONG-1068] - Itunes for ID3 uses MVIN MVNM for Movement/Movement No
- [SONGKONG-1069] - Would be good if we can store the total number of movements in work
- [SONGKONG-1070] - Add Field for classical work nickname, i.e the name in double quotes
- [SONGKONG-1071] - Add option to set Grouping to Work
- [SONGKONG-1072] - Move SongOnly matching to straight after AcoustId Generation
- [SONGKONG-1074] - Rename/Clarify some options
- [SONGKONG-1075] - When derive movement from title must derive work if not linked to major work
- [SONGKONG-1076] - Improves to sortname cardinality
- [SONGKONG-1078] - Make Song only matcher more forgiving
- [SONGKONG-1079] - Movement should not contain Movement No
- [SONGKONG-1080] - Improve text comparisons to cope better with typos and spelling mistakes
- [SONGKONG-1083] - Remapped new fields names so better preserved when files transcoded
- [SONGKONG-1086] - Improvements to adding classical composer(s) when missing from album title
- [SONGKONG-1087] - Allow match when Only allow if album totally matched enabled if totally match a disc
- [SONGKONG-1090] - WIndows:Delete Duplicates failure java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
- [SONGKONG-1082] - MusicBrainzClassicalChecker().isClassical() getting called too often
- [SONGKONG-1085] - Inconsistency with Artist/Artists and IncludeFeaturedArtists option
- [SONGKONG-1088] - Rerun FixSongs adds/changes some Year fields, why not added first time
- [SONGKONG-1051] - Ensure AlbumArtist always set even if album has no album artist
- [SONGKONG-1053] - Add option to include composer in album title for Classical
- [SONGKONG-1054] - Romanize non-latin artist names should apply to all people
- [SONGKONG-1058] - Bundle Java with linux headless on website
- [SONGKONG-1024] - When run songkong from cmdline log output from jaudiotagger goes to console
- [SONGKONG-1052] - When Part derived from MusicBrainz has a leading space character
- [SONGKONG-1055] - Discogs match/update ignoring isClassical Never Modify/Modify if Empty option
- [SONGKONG-1005] - Problem encoding filename that includes 16bit characters
- [SONGKONG-1029] - For Classical detection the asConductor check catches too many non-classical
- [SONGKONG-1030] - If an artist has multiple performer credits we end up with duplicate values
- [SONGKONG-1033] - Not matched to release or song showing songs not matched in previous release
- [SONGKONG-1034] - songkong64.bat refers to previous version of songkong
- [SONGKONG-1035] - fpcalc not found when run songkong using batch files
- [SONGKONG-1036] - If performer is just vocalist may be no attributes need to use 'vocals'
- [SONGKONG-1044] - If albumArtist is filtered albumArtistSort should be as well
- [SONGKONG-976] - Improvements for Classical
- [SONGKONG-978] - Make song only artist/title matcher scorer fuzzier
- [SONGKONG-979] - Improvements for MultiDisc matching when only have one disc.
- [SONGKONG-996] - Add contiguous trackno option
- [SONGKONG-997] - Problem with Recording/Track artist credit especially for Classical
- [SONGKONG-1000] - Have links to file itself so can be played by browser
- [SONGKONG-1006] - When adding composer ensure if multiple composers main performers added first
- [SONGKONG-1009] - Make it clearer in SongChanges part of report if song only/song and release match
- [SONGKONG-1011] - SongChanges report should always link to MusicBrainz RecordingId if has one
- [SONGKONG-1012] - When comparing classical artists ignore artist order to ensure good match
- [SONGKONG-1013] - Add section to report showing songs not matched to release or song
- [SONGKONG-1014] - When matching Classical songs only dont overwrite artist if cant make mask
- [SONGKONG-1025] - Provide a Songkong installation that can be run on headless linux machine
- [SONGKONG-993] - Problems with songkong.bat
- [SONGKONG-1001] - Should not create progress dialog for reports if running from the command line/Headless
- [SONGKONG-1002] - On Headless environment failed online license check gives NullPointerException
- [SONGKONG-1003] - If license incorrect on Headless Environment should give license error msg
- [SONGKONG-1004] - Cancelling report generation on headless machine gives error
- [SONGKONG-1007] - An earlier recordingOnly match can prevent single song match
- [SONGKONG-1008] - If run in Preview mode we need to reset song matched flags
- [SONGKONG-968] - Can't obtain static newInstance method for class com.sun.jna.Structure
- [SONGKONG-970] - Have local copy of google fonts to speed up report display
- [SONGKONG-975] - Ensure matching respects max song group/notracks limits
- [SONGKONG-706] - Linux:Bundle Java with on Linux installs
- [SONGKONG-922] - Update to latest Java version
- [SONGKONG-962] - Ignore folders that look like RecycleBin
- [SONGKONG-963] - ParseFromFilename sometimes not parsing TrackNo from filename correctly
- [SONGKONG-964] - Use Acoustid metadata for Discogs song group matching
- [SONGKONG-969] - Make matching to MusicBrainz optional
- [SONGKONG-971] - Improvements to fuzzy match and isGoodTitleArtist check
- [SONGKONG-972] - Improvements to single MusicBrainz song matcher
- [SONGKONG-974] - Make Acoustid generation optional
- [SONGKONG-977] - When metadata matching allow for when no metadata at all when scoring
[SONGKONG-825] - Linux:Rename masks should handle dots and dashes specially for linux
- [SONGKONG-929] - NullPointerException in UndoChanges then Adderror not handling no message
- [SONGKONG-940] - Be better at identifying multi disc releases not under a common folder
- [SONGKONG-945] - Error when Rename File Only is enabled and subfolder part of filename is empty
- [SONGKONG-639] - Add support for matching songs to individual Discogs tracks
- [SONGKONG-825] - Linux:Rename masks should handle dots and dashes specially for linux
- [SONGKONG-930] - Add option to not update artists fields for Classical
- [SONGKONG-938] - Make use of Acoustid for single song matching to Discogs releases
- [SONGKONG-939] - Add max filepath option
- [SONGKONG-942] - Move Everything does not move subfolders
- [SONGKONG-943] - Move unmatched files doesnt move related files
- [SONGKONG-944] - Support for Vorbis ALBUM ARTIST required, we use ALBUMARTIST
- [SONGKONG-949] - Modify summary report page so results are at top
- [SONGKONG-950] - Update to latest version of image api
- [SONGKONG-953] - When a song is on its own SongKong sometimes matching to va compilation
- [SONGKONG-954] - Give more information on permissions if unable to modify file
- [SONGKONG-955] - Always try to match 'Random Folder' as album first before trying as random
- [SONGKONG-958] - Add support for DSF files
- [SONGKONG-959] - Fix Wav/Aiff files where the original data does not end on odd boundary
This release add support for various Mood attributes for Pro users, plus for everyone we some new options for renaming files and saving artwork.
This release fixes updating of iTunes for Wav and Aiff issues plus some matching fixes and improvements
- [SONGKONG-915] - Get Acoustid recordings not accounting for when only recording returned has no title
- [SONGKONG-916] - Error with calculateReleaseScoreForSingleSong()
- [SONGKONG-917] - Aif and Wav files not being added to iTunes if iTunes update enabled
- [SONGKONG-914] - Make artist and track search fuzzy match tracks
- [SONGKONG-918] - Relax isGoodArtistAndTitleMatch for silent tracks
This release fixes a couple of issues introduced in the last release
- [SONGKONG-910] - REGRESSION:Unable to loads files with multiple dots such as test...mp3
- [SONGKONG-911] - Issue reading ID3 chunks within Wav and ID3 if they are odd sized and not last
This new release now offers full support for Aiff and Wav format files, plus a few smaller improvements and fixes
- [SONGKONG-481] - Add Support for AIFF Format
- [SONGKONG-489] - Add support for Wav with RIFF
- [SONGKONG-905] - SingleSong matcher should filter out Compilation acoustid matches
- [SONGKONG-906] - SingleSong match should first match by artist+title+release if have data
- [SONGKONG-907] - Parsing for metadata for single songs without metadata should be combined
- [SONGKONG-901] - Incorrect use of getAbsolutePath() on moved files during Delete Duplicates.
- [SONGKONG-903] - DeleteDuplicates NullPointerException in getKeywordListIterator
- [SONGKONG-908] - SingleSong matcher needs to respect isMatchAllSongsOnReleaseOnly sometimes
This release fixes two issues with SongKongs iTunes integration:
- SONGKONG-863:OSX:Error when unable to find track in iTunes
- SONGKONG-864:OSX:ITunes integration can cause Songs Done to be under-reported
Usually SongKong can be run on any number of files without memory issues, but badly behaved images can cause a memory issue. SongKong was not recovering from this error and if the memory issue did reoccur when loading songs SongKong was not reporting the error correctly, this is now resolved.
- SONGKONG-868:If memory error occurs on file load with cover image doesnt recover properly
We have had added various report improvements
SONGKONG-494:Add an option to not show reports
We have added a new option for reports. This option can be used to prevent the report being opened automatically, the report is still created and can be opened immediately after processing from the summary panel or from the Reports menu.
SONGKONG-869:Progress Dialog should close automatically once finished processing
Once SongKong has finished a task such as Fix Songs it now automatically closes the progress dialog, previously it had to be manually dismissed.
SONGKONG-375:If user has disabled Discogs searching AND Matching dont show Unmatched Discogs section
The dialogs have been tidied up so that they do not show Discogs counters when the customer is not trying to match songs to Discogs.
- SONGKONG-863:OSX:Error when unable to find track in iTunes
- SONGKONG-864:OSX:ITunes integration can cause Songs Done to be under-reported
Full Details here
Firstly this includes modifications required to work with cover art newly added to Discogs in the last two months, this is required due to a change in how Discogs provides their cover art data.
Then we have fixed a problem matching song title and track total when matching multi-disc Discogs releases.
We recommend you update to this latest version of SongKong and then run Fix Songs over your collection with the For Songs Already Matched to MusicBrainz releases to Update Metadata and Filename Only. This will fix any data that may have been incorrectly added in earlier releases and will also updated your previously matched songs the very latest data added to MusicBrainz and Discogs.
Full Details here
If customers have all their files in one folder and that folder is on the network then SongKong can timeout before loading all files.
A few months ago the Database Unreturned Connection Timeout option was set to 30 minutes to protect against
against hibernate connection being deadlocked and therefore unable to
return, it was part of a two prong defence against processes getting
stuck. The other was adding a limit of 30 minutes for processing of any grouping- the original implementation of this was a little
buggy but is now working correctly so we are safe to remove the Database Unreturned Connection Timeout and this fixes the issue.
When deciding between similar MusicBrainz releases we take the release date into account, and score earlier release dates higher. At one point the server only stored a single release date (and country) for a release but can now store multiple release date/country combinations (known as Release Events) but the client code was not updated to use release events, now fixed.
If Acoustid generates the above fingerprint for a song it means it could not actually generate a valid fingerprint so we should not try and lookup and Acoustid Id for it.
We have to be stricter when matching Discogs releases than MusicBrainz because we can not use AcoustId as a crosscheck, so the matching threshold has been increased.
Both these issues are to do with the displays of dates, I took the opportunity to familiarize myself with the new Java 8 Date/Time api to fix this.
REGRESSION:When reusing existing Discogs Releases as candidates not checking trackcount
When reusing existing Discogs Releases as candidates SongKong was not checking trackcount properly. The check to see if the there are more tracks than the number of songs to match which is not allowed if you have Only allow match if all tracks on album were matched is incorrect. We tried to fix this in SongKong 3.12 but made a mistake but it is now fixed.
If MetadataMatcher fails if it needlessly does Match Recording Only again
If song matching by metadata fails to find a match it needlessy does Match Recording Only, and there is no point because this would have already been done during the Match by Folder stage, worse than that metadata matching can be called a number of times for the same group of songs. So wasted processing that can cause timeouts if extending the length of matching for a grouping over the timelimit and use additional amounts of memory.
In 3.11 we made a change so that if your songs already had a MusicBrainz or Discogs Id we considered that release as a release candidate even if it wasn't found as a potential match in the normal way. But we didn't get this quite right, the problem was that if you have Only allow match if all tracks on album were matched enabled then SongKong should reject any release that has more tracks that the song grouping you are trying to match to it. But a release found by existing id was circumventing this check. Now fixed by:
SongKong always writing genres as number if in Standard genre list
Mp3s make use of a standard genre list and if your genre is in the list SongKong actually stores the associated number rather than the text, for example it would store 17 instead of Rock (if your genre is not in the list it stores the text). However some applications such as iTunes don't understand the numbers properly if Save:Save songs so they work best with iTunes is enabled SongKong should always writes genres as text even if they are in the known list. This was not working but it now
SongKong not loading some Mp3s with bad metadata
We have also improved how SongKong loads mp3s so it can cope with songs with corrupted metadata.
SongKong should only add Bpm for songs that do not have it
In the last release we added support for adding the Bpm for songs (Pro version only) but now modified it so that it only adds Bpm if the song does not already have a Bpm.
Full list of fixes in the Issue Tracker
Improve Recognition of Multi-Folder Albums
If you have Only Allow match if All Songs Matched and Only Allow Match if all tracks on album matched the problem is that although SongKong considers the two sub folders as being part of one release it does an additional check based on name to confirm this, and that check is case-sensitive so SongKong found cd but doesn't match CD so it decides that each sub-folder represents a separate album then it tries to match each folder in turn and of course cannot find an album that can be completely matched by just one of the folders.
Always consider existing MusicBrainz Release Id when rematching
When rematching SongKong ignored existing MusicBrainz Ids and matched purely based on the AcoustIds and user metadata. However we should always consider an existing MusicBrainz Release Id when rematching. This protects against SongKong not finding good matches when it should do and also provides better parity with Jaikoz. The existing MusicbrainzReleaseId will only be used if it is the best scoring match of the release candidates.
Always consider existing Discogs Release url when rematching
And the same logic applies for Discogs matches as well.
Always do AcoustId match when metadata match was for a Various Artist release
Assume you have a 2 CD Various Artist release with
both discs in subfolders and you have Only Match if all Songs in
Grouping Match enabled but Only allow match if all tracks in album were
matched is disabled.
Now if initially SongKong fails to group the two folders as one
grouping it will do a metadata search and because that includes a search
on artist:Various Artist plus a fuzzy search on title plus track count.
the Track count will be wrong for our release because track count is based on
one cd only. Because the search is for a Various Artist and fuzzy release the search probably
will find a number of releases matching this an the invalid track count. If we find
lots of potential matches then an AcoustId match would not be done (for performance reasons) so we end up not finding
and scoring against the correct release and hence no match.
Now if Only allow match if all tracks in album were
matched is disabled.and we did a Various Artist search we always ensure we do an AcoustId match regardless of how many metadata matches we got.
The full list of improvements can be found here
This release fixes a number of bugs, fixes one regression and adds one improvement:
OSX:SongKong has encountered an error trying to build model of iTunes library
If SongKong is configured to update iTunes then SongKong has to create a model of the iTunes library on start up so that it knows what songs are already under iTunes control. On OSX SongKong has to use Applescript to communicate with iTunes, and the iTunes library is large it can take a while to rebuild it, but the default timeout used by Applescript is not always large enough for large iTunes library. The timeout has been increased in this release.
OSX:Not always showing all options on first tab on small screen
On my own Mac with 17" monitor with native resolution at 1920 x1200 resolution I had never seen this error but reducing the display to 1280 x 800 and the first tab of the Fix Songs dialog no longer has room to show all the options. This kind of resolution could be used by smaller laptops such as a 13" screen version, and unfortunately SongKong gives no visual indication that there are any other options. The problem persisted on Windows as well, but a Windows is able to fit in more on a smaller resolution than OSX.
The problem is now fixed, a vertical scrollbar is displayed as neccessary.
Treat track names like 'Track 1' as blank
SongKong uses existing metadata to match songs and to validate acoustid matches, but sometimes existing metadata should not be used. The most common culprit is track names of the form Track 1, Track 2, Track 3 ectera , whilst these can be valid track names they normally are not so now if existing metadata contains such names we just treat as if the song currently has no title.
Regression:Discogs matching Thread prematurely ending
This regression was introduced in SongKong 3.9 by the change to match multi-folders groupings to Discogs after a failed MusicBrainz match before attempting matching sub folders. Unfortunately this change could cause Discogs matching to stop prematurely, it is now fixed in this new release.
Full list of fixes can be found here
Better Discogs Artwork Coverage
Discogs has a concept of primary artwork and secondary artwork, primary artwork contains the front cover art and secondary artwork was used for other images such as the back cover or sleeve inserts. It used to be that an editor could specify whether an image was primary or secondary. But now when editing the first image is always considered the primary image and all other images are secondary images, this order can be modified by dragging and dropping the images in Discogs to make a different image the primary image
However the Discogs data dumps contain many releases that only contain secondary images and no primary images. The precise reason for this is still unclear but whereas SongKong previously ignored secondary images meaning no Discogs images was found for these releases SongKong 3.9 now makes use of the secondary image if a release contains no primary image but does contain secondary images.
For you this means even better image coverage
For multi disc releases grouped one folder per disc SongKong could incorrectly match just one of the folders to a MusicBrainz release and not the others if MusicBrainz only contained a single disc version, even if the complete release was available in Discogs. Now when matching multi-folder groupings if it fails to match the folders to MusicBrainz SongKong attempts Discogs match before breaking into subfolders and matching each folder to MusicBrainz only if no Discogs match is found.
If you have iTunes configured to make a copy of all songs added to it (the default) then any songs with no metadata are added to the Unknown Artist/Unknown Album folder. SongKong now realizes that this folder does not represent an actual album and therefore should be treated as one.
A silly assumption crept in somewhere that if all songs are by different artists then it must be a Various Artists compilation but this is often not true such as in this album - and this prevented SongKong matching albums when it should have.
We also have a host of bug fixes across various parts of SongKong, full details at the Issue Tracker
We have improvements to the Windows installer, its now a self-extracting archive
If your database was corrupted you could try and recreate it by using Empty Database but this did not always work and you had to manually recreate the database folder, this is now handled by SongKong.
There are some bug fixes and improvements to matching itself. SongKong was not always doing its Acoustid double-check to ensure that songs had not been matched to a song with a title that didn't match the songs Acoustid, this is fixed.
SongKong had an issue when matching fields with a quote in it, this could prevent potential albums being returned, now fixed.
SongKong tries to weed out duplicate songs when matching a folder of songs to an album, but it was incorrectly identifying songs with the same name but actually different track lengths as different songs, such as the two versions of L.O.V.E on this release.
Improved Match Song only to both match more songs, and to be careful when matching songs when you already have a song with a different title.
We also fixed a bug that when renaming files from multidisc releases from a folder per disc to one folder per complete album we were left with folders that should have been deleted.
The Fix Songs report now comes with extra instructions on how to navigate it, and errors are now timestamped
The full list of fixes in this release can be seen here
This release improves Classical Release matching plus some other reliability improvements including avoidance of deadlocks
Very Long Song Titles
Classical releases can often have long titles because according to the MusicBrainz Classical Guidelines if they are part of a work they should contain the Work title in each song title, for example here. And Operas should contain each act or scene as in here. This means when matching existing song titles it takes longer because there are more words to match, it is also harder to match because these guidelines don't reflect as accurately what is written on the cover as for non-classical releases.
Very Large Releases
Because many classical composers catalogues are out of copyright it is inexpensive for music publishers to release large box sets of a composers output. One such example is the 100 CD Complete Works Beethoven release. Its actually too large to show reliably in MusicBrainz so instead I show the results of a search .Trying to match songs to large releases is invariably more time consuming than smaller releases because there are so many permutations to consider, actually expotentially more.
These issues plus other fixes are listed in the Issue Tracker
An attempt to solve a problem with occasional deadlocks when matching groups of songs.
SongKong 3.5 released on 12th December 2014
In previous releases the main focus has been on improving the Fix Songs task but in this release we wanted to review other part of the application application, especially Delete Duplicates Songs
Delete Duplicate Songs
First of all we found some bugs in Delete Duplicates that have now been fixed.
The help for Delete Duplicates has been completely rewritten to give more detail and make more sense for non-MusicBrainzers and additional checks and balances have been added to make Delete Duplicates work better in Trial mode.
The we added a new option to Song is a duplicate if has same called Same song (metadata only). This is very similar to Same MusicBrainz song only for finding duplicate songs without being concerned about albums, but without the need to match the songs to MusicBrainz first (although we would always recommend using the MusicBrainz based options whenever possible)
Help has been edited, including simplification of the terminology such as using Album instead of Release and Song instead of Recording. We have added a Pdf version accessible from the Help menu for some bedtime reading, but seriously the Pdf version works well if you want a paper copy of the SongKong manual.
But despite what I say at the start of this post we have made some improvements to FixSongs as well, these include some major performance improvements based on improvements we made in Jaikoz 8.
Full list of improvements and fixes can be seen here
This release is full of improvements to the matching process.
SongKong now does a much better job of handling multiple albums without metadata in one single folder. Previously if you had Only allow match if all tracks in album were matched enabled it had difficulty matching multiple albums contained within a single folder unless they had some existing metadata. The workaround was to disable the option but this then allowed SongKong to match partial albums, possibly not the desired outcome. Now in this release SongKong can derive metadata from the songs Acoustids and group and match the songs accordingly without having to disable the above option.
Overall SongKong is better at matching albums, before this release it would try and match a grouping completely to one album, if that failed and depending on user preferences it would then match each song one by one. Now before resorting to song by song matching it trys matches partial groups to a release. This means results are split over less albums, and it speeds up the matching process because it is quicker to match a group of songs to a release in one go rather than song by song
There are some super larger releases in MusicBrainz and Discogs, these are usually Box Sets of the complete works of established artists. Matching songs to these larger releases can be time consuming and give the impression that SongKong has stopped working. A number of improvements have been made to prevent SongKong spending too much processing a group of songs, and a Still Alive progress bar has been added to show that SongKong is still working
Full details of all issues fixed in this release can be found